15 Inspirational Quotes By Steve Jobs
One of the things that I constantly hear a lot of talk about is inspiration. From things that spark a monumental idea or plan, to strong reasons or desires that drive people to accomplish more than most ever thought possible, inspiration is, literally, the stuff that dreams are made of. And, when it comes to life, career, and entrepreneurship, having more inspiration is something on the top of my list.
Of all the entrepreneurs that have existed in my lifetime, Mr. Steve Jobs was one person that has truly inspired me to dream bigger, to work harder, and to think greater in every aspect of life and business. From his example of excellency in innovation, to his famous speeches and slogans that are as truthful as they are humorous, there is so much to learn from this man who wanted to “put a ding in the universe.”
What also strikes me as interesting…even fascinating…is how much this man understood about inspiration. Whether you are talking about his ability to motivate employees to innovate, coach students and young entrepreneurs to follow their dreams and hearts, or simply push himself to do “one more thing” above the status quo, he was decidedly a master in this area.
And what better way to learn than from a master with a successful track record for excellence? While he undoubtedly has enough inspirational thoughts, insights, and writings to fill a room of books, some stand out above the rest to me. So, without further adieu, here are 15 inspirational quotes from Mr. Steve Jobs to encourage, excite, and feed your desire for greatness.
1. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
2. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
3. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.”
4. “…the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
5. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
6. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
7. “I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
9. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
10. “I’m the only person I know that has lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…it’s very character-building.”
11. “Don’t let the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
12. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…they somehow already know what you truly want to become.”
13. “Stay hungry…Stay foolish.”
14. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
15. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
So, as you get ready to embrace your day or week and prepare to face the challenges that will likely come with it, remember to always stay inspired and refuse to blend into the routine of mediocrity. Remember that it is not those who “just survive” setbacks who make for great stories, but those who excel and who shine in spite of the setbacks. So be original, be unique, be inspiring. In closing, I leave you with one final quote from Jobs. “Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?”
I want more stuff like this!