Top Ten Jobs In High Demand That Pay $100k+
Considering a first or new career but want to be sure you choose a field with plenty of demand and ample pay? Career community Web site Glassdoor.com, which provides an inside look into jobs and companies, just posted the Top 10 in-demand jobs that pay more than $100,000 a year. Glassdoor examined millions of open job listings to discover the highest-paying jobs that employers need to fill the most. The list is based on job titles with at least 500 openings and a minimum of 50 salary reports shared by current employees.
“Whether you are starting a career or looking to make a career change, this list sheds light on the jobs that may be most fruitful in terms of compensation,” Glassdoor spokesperson Samantha Zupan told Forbes. “This also highlights that positions in healthcare and tech continue to be in demand. In addition, given the upcoming tax season, it’s not too surprising to see tax manager jobs rise in demand as we get closer to the U.S. tax due date.”
Although the Glassdoor list is helpful, it does not detail how much the various fields are expected to grow in coming years—a fact of importance for those who may have years of studies before they enter the job market.
- Psychiatrist – average salary $169,479; projected to grow 15 percent by 2020
- Physician – average salary $152,768; projected to grow 24 percent by 2020
- Dentist – average salary $126,134; projected to grow 21 percent by 2020
- Sales Director – average salary $119,758; projected to grow 12 percent by 2020
- Engineering manager – average salary $117,552; projected to grow 9 percent by 2020
- Pharmacist – average salary $107,490; projected to grow 25 percent by 2020
- Tax Manager – average salary $104,093; projected to grow 7 percent by 2020
- Product Marketing Manager – average salary $103,633; projected to grow 7 percent by 2020
- IT Manager – average salary $101,244; projected to grow 18 percent by 2020
- Lead Software Engineer – average salary $100,585; projected to grow 9 percent by 2020
“If the salaries on the list surprise anyone, it offers an important reminder to know your earning potential which can vary by job location, company and years of experience required,” Zupan said. “If you’re evaluating a career, it’s critical to do your homework first to understand what is fair pay.”
[Image via Shutterstock]
I want more stuff like this!